Skip to main content
Things to look for while shopping for a bakery for your
- The Style of Wedding
- Classic black tie: A traditional tiered wedding
- Rustic outdoors style wedding: Self-serve
desserts like cupcakes.
- Casual wedding:
A variety dessert bar.
- Finding the right Bakery
- Ask around in your network of recommendation
- Ask your vendor who they recommend
- The Quality of the Desserts you want.
- Guests will always remember your desserts if
they are made from scratch and are fresh.
- Most bakeries offer cake/dessert tasting. Find two or three bakeries you may be
interested in and set up a time to taste a few different flavors.
- Type of Bakery
- During the cake/ dessert tasting, make sure you
and the baker are connecting. You want to work with someone who you get along
with, who is going to be nice, and work with you on your design.
- Remember it is your wedding day! The desserts
will make your wedding day that much more special.
Things to avoid:
- Look at the time of the year
- if it’s a hot outside June wedding, have a back
up location inside for your desserts so they don’t melt.
- Don’t choose flavors of the desserts based on
what everyone else wants. This your day, choose something that the both of you
are going to enjoy!
- Darker colors in your frosting because it will
change your guest lips and tongues, and may stain your dress
- Don’t have an unlicensed friend or family member
make your desserts. You don’t want them be liable of someone getting sick or
your desserts not turning out how you would want them to be.
- If your bakery offers delivery, take it. You
don’t want to pick it up and have something happen to it on your big day. Let
the professionals do it to have one less thing off your plate.
Order your Invitations from JPS Nvitations!
See what Cupcake Couture has to offer!